[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Hey'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 26 08:05:25 PST 2022

Klingon word: 	Hey'
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	censor
Source: 	qep'a' 28 [2021]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
pegh  		keep something secret,  be secret/classified (v)
buv 		classify (v)
'ot 		withhold (information) (v)

SEE ALSO:
tuch 		forbid (v)
bot 		prevent, block, prohibit (v)
tem 		deny (v)
Hat  		be illegal (v)
HeS 		commit a crime (v)
wem 		violate (v)

mub 		be legal (v)
chaw' 		allow, permit (v)
naw' 		access (v)
maq  		proclaim (v)

Se'vIr 		publication (n)
HI'tuy 		dictatorship (n)
HI'  		dictator (n)
HI''a'  		tyrant (n)
qum 		government (n)
woQ 		authority, political power (n)

PERTINENT QUOTES:
"Secrecy is the keystone to all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy and censorship. When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives.” (Robert Heinlein)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last