[tlhIngan Hol] suffix {-jaj} with imperatives

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 05:35:17 PST 2022

fergusq:
> mISmoH mu'tlheghlIj.

Yes, indeed. There's something which confuses me, but I can't understand what.

De'vID:
> What would a combination of {yI-} with {-jaj} mean?

I honestly don't know..

I was watching in a series a witch wishing evil to another. I thought
that in order to translate the words of the witch to Klingon, one
would naturally need to use the {-jaj}, but since the witch was saying
the curse in "command-like" way, I started to wonder about whether one
could use the combination of {-jaj} and an imperative prefix.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/