[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "body parts" {'ay'Du'} or {'ay'mey}

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 08:02:55 PST 2022

Am 28.01.2022 um 14:04 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Suppose I want to say "reproductive organs of the human body".
>
> Of course, since we don't have a word meaning "organ" as in "organ of
> the human body", I choose the next best thing I can find which is
> {'ay'}. So I ask..
>
> {ngaghmeH 'ay'mey} or {ngaghmeH 'ay'Du'}?

Setting aside if {'ay'} is a good word...

I'm sure it is {'ay'mey}, simply because {'ay'} is not a known body
part. Some minor confirmation is that Okrand said that the word {reD}
also takes the standard suffix, even when referring to the {reD} of a body.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"