[tlhIngan Hol] using {ngan} as a suffix {ngan} as the suffix {-ngan}

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Jan 26 12:34:14 PST 2022

On Jan 26, 2022, at 10:11 AM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> Another convention we use is spacing noun-nouns that aren't lexicalized as no-space compounds.

If the meaning is carried adequately by two separate words, there is certainly no reason to make a compound out of them. It is easier for the reader that way, at the trivial expense of asking the writer not to be lazy.

Using a single-word compound might sometimes imply something that isn’t clear in a straightforward noun-noun construction, but the writer had better be pretty darn sure of his or her motivation when doing it.

— ghunchu'wI'