[tlhIngan Hol] using {ngan} as a suffix {ngan} as the suffix {-ngan}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Jan 26 08:10:56 PST 2022

On 1/26/2022 11:05 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> Usually, when I read a compound word which would normally be two
> separate ones, I become confused thinking that it's a new word which I
> don't know.
>
> So, in things that I write, I avoid omitting the gap between noun-noun
> constructions.

And that's why the convention exists. Not because it's "canonical," not
because it's a rule of Klingon grammar, but because it helps us
recognize the difference between a lexicalized word and a phrase that we
made up ourselves. Okrand doesn't have to figure out which words are
lexicalized and which aren't; we do.