[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "body parts" {'ay'Du'} or {'ay'mey}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 08:19:50 PST 2022

lieven:
> I'm sure it is {'ay'mey}, simply because {'ay'} is not a known body
> part. Some minor confirmation is that Okrand said that the word {reD}
> also takes the standard suffix, even when referring to the {reD} of a body.

I've obviously forgotten that too..

On the other hand though, perhaps there's an explanation, since a side
of the body is just a surface/area, and not an organ. But if {'ay'}
could be used as a part of a noun-noun construction to indicate "body
part" as in {porgh 'ay'}, then it would be in reference to a structure
performing a function, instead of just an area.

Oh, well.. I guess the only way to know for sure, is if 'oqranD
clarified the matter, or created a word for "organ".

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/