[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: logh chal je 'angweD qach

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 20 07:54:32 PST 2022

Klingon word: 	logh chal je 'angweD qach
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	planetarium (building)
Source: 	qepHom 2016

I.e. the building itself, e.g. from an architectural point of view or as a landmark.   {logh chal je ‘angweD} "planetarium" presumably refers to the service, organization or work performed in the building more generally.

The distinction between shows up elsewhere:

paq nojwI’ tum  	library [service] (public) (n)
paq nojwI’ qach  	library (building) (n)

QIn tum  		postal service (n)
QIn tum qach  		post office (building) (n)

... or when there are several components within one building:

bo'DIj  			court (of law) (n)
bo'DIj pa'  		courtroom (n)
bo'DIj qach  		courthouse (n)

much  			presentation, (television) show (n)
muchpa'  		theater, auditorium (n)
much qach  		theater (i.e. building) (n)

(MO to De'vID, 3/2015 < FOTSN/FFN):  If Bloomsbury Theatre refers to the whole building -- auditorium, lobby, dressing rooms, {puchpa'mey}), not just the room where the performance takes place -- he'd go with {much qach}.

SEE:
logh  			(outer)  space (n)
chal  			sky,  heavens (n)
‘angweD  		museum (n)
qach 			building (n)

renwI'  			designer,  architect (n)
qurbuSwI'  		architect [Morskan dialect] (n)

SEE ALSO:
'agh 			show, demonstrate, display (v)
much  			present,  perform (music) (v)
ren  			design,  map out,  plan (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last