[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: loS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 19 11:47:31 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Klingon word: 	loS
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	wait (for)
Source: 	TKD

loS... qIb HeHDaq
It waits... on the edge of the galaxy  (SkyBox S99)

DaH maloS.  peghItlh!
[untranslated] (st.k  August 1996)

SaqSubDaq pagh Qoylu' | Qong SuvwI'pu' puqpu' rur Heghrup loSlI'
In the Saq'sub all is quiet, its warriors asleep, like children waiting
 for death to come.  (PB)

PUN: wait fo(u)r? (Doneq)

SEE ALSO:
pIH 		expect (v)
tuv 		be patient (v)
mIm 		delay (v)
lum 		postpone, procrastinate (v)
ratlh 		remain (v)

“We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.”  (Barack Obama)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last