[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: DIp

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jan 12 08:12:19 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, January 09, 2022

Klingon word: 	DIp
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	noun

AFAIK never used in a Klingon sentence.

(TKD 18):  There are three basic parts of speech in Klingon: noun, verb, and everything else.

(Sustel, 6/23/2018):  Marc Okrand gave a grammar lecture at Mythmoot V yesterday, and when he says there are three parts of speech (around 19 minutes in), he names them {Dip} "nouns", {wot} "verbs", and {latlh} "everything else".

(TKD 51):  By far the bulk of Klingon words are nouns and verbs.

SEE ALSO:
pab		grammar (n)
pab buv 	part of speech (n)
wot 		verb (n)
chuvmey 	leftovers (ie. neither noun or verb) (n)
qunI’  		adverbial (n)
moHaq 		prefix (n)
mojaq 		suffix (n)
mojaQ		suffix (n)

mu'		word (n)
mu’tlhegh 	sentence (n)
mu’tlhegh meS  paragraph (n)
SeSor 		subject (n)
'ovmay 		direct object (n)
vI'Hop 		indirect object (n)

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
  “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. Of course the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well. It isn't only the synonyms; there are also the antonyms." (George Orwell, "1984")

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last