[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HIj

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 4 14:05:25 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, January 02, 2022

Klingon word: 	HIj
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	deliver, transport goods

yIHmey DaHIj'a'
Are you transporting tribbles? CK

ghobe', yIHmey vIHIjbe'
No, I'm not transporting tribbles. CK

rura' pente'Daq Soj, Doch, <luch?> vIqIch
We is condemning food... things and supplies to
Rura Penthe. ST6 (sic for vIHIj; Uhura's Klingon was rusty!

SEE:
HIjmeH chaw' 	    stamp (n)
HIjmeH 'ap  	    fee paid when bringing certain commodities
                        	      into a jurisdiction (n)
HIjmeH 'ap pIn      customs officer (n)
HIjwI'  		    delivery person (n)

SEE ALSO:
qeng 		carry, convey (v)
Qay 		transfer (v)
lup 		transport (people only?) (v)
Hev 		receive (v)

tep 		cargo (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last