[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghaq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 4 07:33:49 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Klingon word: 	ghaq
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	contribute
Source: 	TKD

Meaning extended to "support (financially)" at qep'a' 17:

(qurgh, 7/27/2010):  "Marc also clarified that {Qutlh} (support) can only refer to physically supporting something.  It can't refer to monetary (he said {ghaq} is for this), psychological or any other non-physical type of support.

SEE:
Qutlh  		support [physically] (v)
ngaq 		support [military term] (v)

SEE ALSO:
nob 		give (v)
wel 		owe (v)
DIl 		pay for (v)
rup 		fine, tax (v)

vuy  		be helpful,  supportive (v)
tungHa’ 	encourage (v)
QaH 		help, aid (v)
boQ 		assist (v)

QaH 		help (n)
boQ 		aid, assistance (n)
qal'aq  		frame, framework, supporting structure, skeleton (n)
QutlhwI'  	support (n)
  - {qoD QutlhwI' ngaDmoHwI'}  Inner Support Stabilizer (KBoP)
     [ie. those large ceiling supports flanking the captain's chair
     on a Bird-of-Prey resembling giant shock absorbers]

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last