[tlhIngan Hol] using {ngan} as a suffix {ngan} as the suffix {-ngan}

Iikka Hauhio fergusq at protonmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:40:09 PST 2022

SuStel:

> A noun-noun construction is a combination of nouns that are not a compound noun, not a complex noun, and may or may not be lexicalized.

But what is the concrete difference between a compound noun and a noun-noun construction? Imagine that instead of 'Iw HIq we had 'IwHIq and instead of ropyaH we had rop yaH. How would the language be different? Would these words have different a usage, meaning, grammar or pronunciation? Would something else be different, and if so, what? What is the justification to have a distinction between these two ways to form similar word combinations?

Iikka "fergusq" Hauhio