[tlhIngan Hol] does the athena avatar display in your email clients?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Jan 25 09:52:43 PST 2022

Likely, the image associated with you is configured by the client you READ email from, so it is device-based, and you, and only you, can see the image.

Similarly, any images you have associated with any other people you receive email from is also device and Email reader based. Nobody else sees those images, either.

The protocols in Email don’t convey any images you choose with your email address. This is a feature that your clients use to associate images IN YOUR READER, as a kind of link between your Inbox and your Contacts List/Address Book.