[tlhIngan Hol] verb prefix when the object noun is topicalized by {-'e'} and precedes the adverb

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jan 19 09:47:35 PST 2022

Am 19.01.2022 um 13:37 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Do we say {romuluSnganpu''e' DaH yIHIv}, or do we say
> {romuluSnganpu''e' DaH tIHIv}?

Of course, the prefix has to accomodate its object, so it surely is
{romuluSnganpu'e' DaH tIHIv}.

> It seems strange having a prefix indicating that the verb has an
> object, but not seeing that object directly in front of the verb.

It might look strange, but the verb does not always need to have its
object directly in front of it. This can happen very often, especially
when you have two sentences:

{qagh vIvut. nom yISop.}

--
Lieven L. Litaer