[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chach

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 25 08:01:56 PST 2022

Klingon word: 	chach
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	emergency, auxiliary, backup

chach!
[Emergency!] ST6

SEE:
tlham chach 	backup gravity (n)
  - tlham chach chu'qa'
    Restoring auxiliary gravity. (ST6)

chach Duj  	ambulance (n)
  - chach Duj yIrI'
    Get an ambulance! (TNK)

(11/07/2016):  Voyage cancellation insurance was an odd concept for Maltz.  But he said that {leng chach mab} ("voyage emergency contract") might cover it.  {leng chach mab} is not a term or phrase he had heard before, but he said Klingons would understand it meant an agreement about who's responsible for what if something goes wrong during a journey.

SEE ALSO:
ghuH 		alert (n)
ghuH  		prepare for, be alerted to (v)
ghuHmoH  	alert,  warn (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last