[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qor

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 23 07:24:45 PST 2022

Klingon word: 	Qor
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	fight, battle (very minor fight)

(KGT 47):  In addition to these general terms, there are a number of specific words relating to specific types of battle or engagement. First of all, there is a set of verbs that can each be translated "clash with", "encounter", "engage", and the like, but these translations do not make the differences between the words clear. They are differentiated by degree, ranging from something like struggle in a minor skirmish to engage in a major melee. Arranged in ascending order of ferocity, they are: {Qor, tlhaS, vay, lul, Hargh}.  If Klingons engaged in shadowboxing, {Qor} might be appropriately applied, while {Hargh} would be reserved only for situations approaching Armageddon.

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last