[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lut mIr

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 9 08:14:12 PST 2022

Klingon word: 	lut mIr
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	series (literature, television)
Source: 	Netflix press release

Star Trek: Discovery lut mIrmeyvaD tlhIngan qotlhwI’qoq ’ang Netflix
Netflix Releases Klingon Trailer for Star Trek: Discovery Series
(Netflix press release)

lut mIrmey, ja’bogh muchmey, HaSta muchmey lIngbogh Netflix peS je. …
enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films.  (Netflix press release)

(qepHom 2017):  A [TV] series can be called {lut mIr}.

(Lieven, 9/2017):  Of course, its literal translation is "story chain" or "chain of stories" (parallel to the {lupwI' mIr}, "train" from TNK) … Besides, it was not a message, Okrand was sitting next to me and said "do it this way".

CULTURAL NOTES:
   In John Ford's novel "The Final Reflection" there is the Klingon version of a video (television) series named "Battlecruiser Vengeance" featuring the adventures of Captain Koth of the Klingon battlecruiser Vengeance fighting alien races (Humans, Romulans Kinshaya and others) and trying to capture their ships.  Like Captain Kirk, Koth was always triumphant and each episode ended with him being asked by those he had captured who he was.  He answered, "I am Captain Koth.  Koth of the Vengeance.  And this ship is my prize."

SEE ALSO:
vorgh 		be previous (v)
veb 		be next (in a series, sequence) (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last