[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: noy

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 8 07:36:59 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Klingon word: 	noy
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	be famous, be well known

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
Daq noy 	landmark (not a building) (n) (qepHom 2016)
qach noy 	landmark (building) (n) (qepHom 2016)
mu'mey noy 	famous words [ie. a quotation] (KLI)
*noywI'  	celebrity (n) [source?]

SEE ALSO:
Qat 		be popular (v)
Dun 		be great (v)
rev  		quote (v) (qep’a’ 2019)

meHghem Qat   pop culture (n) (PCHC 2016)
chuQun 	nobility (n)
  - (qepHom 2021):  The word {chuQun} defined as "nobility" refers to people, not a character trait. So you do not say "I admire John's nobility", but you can say "I know the nobility of this city.”

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last