[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: bettI'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 14 07:01:53 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, February 13, 2022

Klingon word: bettI'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: aluminum
Source: qep'a' 27

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

TRIVIA:
  The windows of the Enterprise-D are made of transparent aluminum (TNG "In Theory").  Aluminium oxynitride is the chemical name for the ceramic otherwise known as "transparent aluminum" (De’vID)

SEE ALSO:
baS			metal (n)
QumeH ngaSwI’ 	mold (for casting) (n)

Dem 			be clear, transparent, uncolored (v)
Qu 			cast (metal) (v)
pet 			be welded (together) (v)
tet 			melt [also smelt?] (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last