[tlhIngan Hol] {-Daq} and {-bogh} and {Sumbogh} and {Hopbogh}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 05:02:11 PST 2022

Suppose I want to say: "At Canada there are bears. Near Canada is
America". And I want to say all this in a single sentence. So I write:

qa'naDa'Daq Sumbogh 'amerI'qa' mIl'oDmey tu'lu'
at canada where america is near there are bears

Would this be correct? Or is this "the ship on which I fled" problem?

Perhaps, translating the {-bogh} as "where" seems weird, but in tkd it
says that "Relative clauses are translated into English as phrases
beginning with <who, which, where> and most commonly <that>"

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/