[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qet

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Dec 29 07:34:47 PST 2022

Am 15.12.2022 um 16:57 schrieb Steven Boozer via tlhIngan-Hol:
> Klingon word: qet
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: run, jog
> qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh SIjlaH qetbogh loD
> 4,000 throats may be cut in one night by a running man. TKD

For completeness: The phrase from TKD p. 171 is repeated in TKW, p. 127.

> jaghmeylI' DaghIjjaj, qetjaj jaghmeylI'
> May you scare your enemies, may your enemies run. TKW

In addition, there a shortened version of this:
{ghIj qet jaghmeyjaj.} (TKW, p. 65)

I'm not sure it's an intended pun, but I used to memorize this word
while thinking of a "cat-walk", even though you don't run there.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"