[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: botlh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 21 07:21:24 PST 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Klingon word: 	botlh
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	median
Source: 	qep'a' 26 [2019]

I.e. the median of a group of numbers (qep’a’ 2019).  An extended meaning of {botlh} "center,  middle".

Suto’vo’qor botlhDaq pe'vIl joqchu'taH quvbogh 'ej valbogh tIqDu' tIQ
[translation unavailable] (PB)

tagha' tIq Hoch botlh | Hochlogh Dat joqtaHjaj
And finally Tiq, the heart and center of all things, May it forever beat, anywhere. (PB)

bIQtIq qa'rI'Daq pawDI' qeylIS | qojDaq Qam | bIngDaq Qo'noS botlh legh
It ends at a cliff, Leading straight into the core Of Kronos (PB; "it" being the river of flame in the Kri'stak volcano)

meHghem yoS botlh DI’on ’oH ghommeH yotlhvam’e’
The plaza is a central feature of the Cultural District. (Pittsburgh Art Tour)

SEE:
ghIl 		be the mean/average (v) [qep;a; 2019]
  - “A mean is a type of mathematical average (mean, median, and mode being the three kinds)” (Jeffrey Clark)

SEE ALSO:
qoD 		inside, interior (n)
mI'QeD 	mathematics (n)
wItte' 		mathematical equation (n)
ghIqtu'  	mathematical or chemical formula [representation in
		symbols] (n) (qep’a’ 2019)

“Things fall apart; the center cannot hold.” (Yeats, "The Second Coming")

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from recent qep’a’mey