[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qul

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 25 07:38:21 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	Qul
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	research

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(HolQeD 4.4:11):  An organization dedicated to scholastic pursuits or research is a {yejHaD} "institute" or "institution" or a {yej'an} "society".  The distinction between {yejHaD} and {yej'an} is not clear, though the former is usually -- but not always -- used for larger organizations.

TREK TRIVIA:
  Qu'Vat Colony was the site of a genetics research facility in the 22nd century where Dr Antaak was attempting to create Klingon Augments under the command of General K'Vagh, the military governor. Fleet Admiral Krell threatened to wipe out the colony after Antaak's team produced a highly contagious fatal viral plague. (ENT "Affliction" & "Divergence")

  "Research is not the Klingon way." (Kirk, TOS "A Private Little War")

SEE:
Qulpa'  		research lab (n) (KBOP)
De' QulwI' 	librarian (n) (qepHom 2016)

SEE ALSO:
ghoj 		learn (v)
HaD 		study (v)
paQDI'norgh 	teachings (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last