[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qab

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 22 06:56:34 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, August 21, 2022

Klingon word: Qab
Part of speech: noun
Definition: theragen

A Klingon nerve gas.  Instantly lethal if used in its pure form, when diluted with alcohol theragen deadens certain nerve endings in the brain, making it an effective defense against insanity caused by the deteriorating effects of interspace. Someone who has taken the derivative could be hit by full phaser stun and won't feel it.  (TOS "The Tholian Web")

SEE ALSO:
SIp 		gas (n)
tar 		poison (n)
SuQ 		be toxic (v)

Hutvav  	nerve (anatomy, physiology) (n)
Hutvav rarwI’  	neural synapse (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last