[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: notron

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 9 08:35:25 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	notron
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	curtain, drape
Source: 	January 2020 email to DeSDu'

(MO to DeSdu’, 1/28/2020):   {notron} is curtain, drape, but it can also be used for things like a door or gate that opens and closes vertically, like a portcullis.

(qep’a’ 2019):  [{weSjech} "fabric, cloth, textile"] can be used for textiles or fabric in clothing, sheets, towels, and so on, but generally not for carpets or rugs (except for thin ones). ... [For that use] {paSrIq} fabric used in carpets and rugs [not for clothing]

PUN:  “A main character in Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot novel 'Curtain' is named Stephen Norton.” (niqolay Q, 1/29/2020)

SEE:
bIQ notron 	waterfall (n)

SEE ALSO:
tlhIm 		carpet, rug, wall hanging, blanket (n)
lojmit 		door (n)
Qorwagh  	window (n)
HuS 		hang (v)
tlhep 		be suspended, dangling (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last