[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: roDSer

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 8 07:30:25 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, August 08, 2022

Klingon word: roDSer
Part of speech: noun
Definition: dimension
Source: qep'a' 26 [219]

(qep’a’ 2019):  refers to a dimension within a coordinate system, not another dimension like in a parallel universe (for which see {'u' quq} ["parallel universe"] (n) and {'u' Dop} ["mirror universe"] (n)).

(Lieven < MO, 1/08/2018):  For parallel universe, I’d go with {'u' quq}, using {quq} "happen simultaneously, be simultaneous".  {quq} is okay for parallel (in this sense). Just as a parallel universe can't exist by itself (there has to be a universe - presumably ours - that it's parallel to), a simultaneous universe can't exist by itself. In both cases, you can refer to one universe at a time - you don't always have to mention both (or several). For mirror universe, I suggest {Dop} "be opposite, antithetical, contradictory" … If they're not making a real distinction between parallel and mirror (that is, if they're using the words interchangeably), I'd stick with {quq}.

PUN: "...another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind" (Rod Serling’s intro to "The Twilight Zone" TV series)

SEE ALSO:
DI’ruj 		reality (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last