[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIm

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 8 07:00:52 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, August 07, 2022

Klingon word: jIm
Part of speech: verb
Definition: shrug, heave (aircraft rising or falling without pitching)
Source: HQ:v11n2p9

(HQ 11.2):  When the plane moves up or down (not when the nose points up or down, but when the plane increases or decreases altitude, as if the whole plane is being pushed up or down), it is said to {jIm} "heave."

(De’vID < MO, 3/01/2019):  shrug generalises {jIm} "heave (aircraft rising or falling without pitching)

SEE ALSO:
ghIr 		descend (v)
Sal 		ascend (v)
pum 		fall (v)
toS 		climb (v)

'Iv 		altitude (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last