[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mov

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 09:15:39 PDT 2022

{mov} reminds me of a Klingon word we really should have. In TNG "Ethics"
is a close-up of Worf's bare feet, and he has a lump of flesh about a
centimeter tall on top of each foot at the location corresponding to the
{DaSpu'} on a Klingon boot.* I feel certain there is a Klingon word for
this anatomical feature.

*I can't help but imagine this anatomical feature is the vestige of a claw,
and that Klingon bootspikes celebrate (and replace) this former claw and
are constructed to avoid unnecessary discomfort. Worf's Starfleet boots
lacked spikes, but presumably they fit comfortably.

~mIp'av