[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qal'aq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 21 08:00:08 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	qal'aq
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	frame, framework, supporting structure, skeleton
Source: 	Marc Okrand at European qepHom 1/25/2014

(qepHom 2019 booklet p.11):  {qal'aq} is fine for skeleton if modified ({Hom qal'aq} or {porgh qal'aq}), but a more specific term is heard {nobmeD}.

"Klingon:  Shatter the cranial exoskeleton at the tricipital lobe. Death is immediate. (Borg Crosis, TNG “Descent, Pt. 1”)

SEE:
toSwI' qal'aq 	climbing apparatus, jungle gym, playground (n)
  -  toSwI' qal'aqraj 'oHbe' Daqvam'e'.
     This is not your playground. (DSC "Battle At the Binary Stars")

SEE ALSO:
Qur 		structure, organization (n)
tlham 		order, (societal) structure (n, slang)

porgh  		body (n)
nobmeD 	skeleton (n)
Hom 		bone (n)
joQ 		rib (n)
to'waQ 		ligament, tendon (n)
Somraw 	muscle (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last