[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Surchem

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 19 08:20:57 PDT 2022

Klingon word: 	Surchem
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	force field
Source: 	TKD

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

Presumably the projected force field itself -- as in  "It's penetrating our shields!"

TREK TRIVIA:
  The security screen protecting the Federation penal colony on Tantalus V involved dangerous hyper-power circuits. (TOS "Dagger of the Mind") There was a similar force field at the Federation penal colony for the criminally insane on Elba II surrounding the planet (TOS "Whom Gods Destroy")

SEE:
Surma'  	force (physics concept) (n)
HoS 		strength, energy, power (n)
bot  		prevent, block, prohibit, intercept MKE (v)

[chem]  	[field of energy?)] (bound morpheme?)
- ghe'chem 	   terraforming field (n)
- HoSchem  	   energy field (n)
- peQ chem 	   magnetic field [N.B. two words] (n)
- pIvchem 	   warp field (n)
- Surchem 	   force field (n)
- tlhamchem 	   gravitational field (n)

SEE ALSO:
botjan		shields (force field on ship) (n) [device]
 -  peQ botjan 	   magnetic shield (n)
begh  		deflectors (pl. n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last