[tlhIngan Hol] Perfective with qualities / perfective and perfect

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Apr 12 06:35:23 PDT 2022

On 4/12/2022 9:28 AM, SuStel wrote:
> If I say *naH ja'chuqghach, vaj jImejpu' 'e' vIwuq**/The conversation
> was hostile, so I decided to leave,/ I'm saying the conversation's
> quality of hostility prompted me to leave, NOT that I left during the
> conversation. I might have left during the conversation or afterward.
> If I want to specify whether the leaving took place during or after
> the conversation, I have to express this with other words than the verbs:

Sorry, my footnote was going to be: yes, I know that this might
technically need to be *jImejpu' vaj 'e' vIwuq,* but saying this
obscures my point a little, and I'm not convinced that I can't put an
adverbial in front of an entire sentence-as-object construction as its
own sentence. So for the purposes of this discussion, I'm going to put
the adverbial in front.