[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'aplo'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 00:32:52 PDT 2022

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 16:10, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, April 10, 2022
>
> Klingon word: 'aplo'
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: container, box
> Source: TalkNow Klingon
>
> ngaS 'aplo'
> contents (MKE) ["the box contains..."]

I can't help but think that this is the word "Apollo". Maybe Okrand was
thinking of the Apollo Lunar Sample Return Container (ALSRC), from the
Apollo 11 mission, when he coined the word:
https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/alsrc-apollo-lunar-sample-return-container-apollo-11/nasm_A19710814000

Of course, there are a huge number of things associated with the word
"Apollo" so it may be impossible to determine what Okrand was thinking of,
if he was thinking of this word at all, unless he tells us.

--
De'vID