[tlhIngan Hol] perfective {-pu'} using/combining aspect with no aspect

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 06:12:09 PDT 2022

Ok, thanks. I understand so far. But there's something else I've started to
wonder.

Suppose I say: {wa'Hu' jIghungDI', pItSa' vIvunpu'}, for "yesterday, as
soon as I was hungry, I ordered a pizza".

Doesn't this give you the impression that my ordering the pizza happened
before I was hungry?

I'm asking this because I understand the klingon as "yesterday, as soon as
I'm hungry, I have ordered a pizza", meaning that I "feel" it very close to
"yesterday, as soon as I'm hungry, I've (already) ordered a pizza".

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/