[tlhIngan Hol] Vocabulary request

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Apr 18 13:58:57 PDT 2022

As a Friend of Maltz, I was offered a chance to ask Maltz for a vocabulary word. I shied away from the responsibility of coming up with a word to add to the Klingon vocabulary and instead took the opportunity to pass along the request for the words “top” and “bottom” that someone else had suggested. It seemed fundamental and worthy of addition, and I could not come up with anything that could be as useful for the language.

Decades have passed, and I’ve always been content to have played my part at getting that request from the community to Maltz, rather than come up with something else, myself.

Today, I had my Eureka moment.

The Klingon language needs a word for “context”.

Anything beyond that statement that I could add should be self-evident.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)