[tlhIngan Hol] perfective {-pu'} using/combining aspect with no aspect

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:35:36 PDT 2022

I want to say "Yesterday, because I was hungry, I ordered a pizza", and I
want to report the event not in the historical present, but looking back on
it.

There are two options:

wa'Hu' jIghungmo', pItSa' vIvun
wa'Hu' jIghungmo', pItSa' vIvunpu'

Since I'm looking back on the event, the obvious choice must be {wa'Hu'
jIghungmo', pItSa' vIvunpu'}.

But isn't it strange saying "Yesterday, because I am hungry, I have ordered
a pizza"?

Is using/combining aspect with no aspect something which we can do? Or is
it that in occasions as the above, the only choice is to report the event
in the historical present?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/