[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wa'leS

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 30 07:18:38 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	wa'leS
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	tomorrow
Source: 	TKD

i.e. "one day from now"

wa'leS jIDoy'
Tomorrow I'll be tired. CK

wa'leS jIchegh
Tomorrow I will return. KGT

wa'leS jIcheH
Tomorrow I will defect. KGT

yIlop!  wa'leS chaq maHegh!
Celebrate! Tomorrow we may die! TKW

wa'leS maghob.  ghIq malop.
Tomorrow we will do battle. Then (after that) we'll celebrate. (HQ 8.3)

wa’leS wov jul ‘e’ vItul
I hope tomorrow will be sunny.
(lit. “I hope tomorrow the sun is bright”) (qep’a’ 2016)

SEE:
leS  		days from now (n) (TKD)
cha'leS 		day after tomorrow (i.e. two days from now)
'opleS 		one day [i.e. sometime in the future]

(msn.onstage.startrek.expert.Okrand 6/29/1997):  {wa'leS po} tomorrow morning, {cha'leS po} the morning of the day after tomorrow (literally "two-days-from-now morning"), and so on work quite nicely.

SEE ALSO:
Hu'  		days ago (n) (TKD)
wa'Hu' 		yesterday (one day ago)
cha'Hu' 		the day before yesterday [two days ago]
wejHu' 		three days ago

(IMO, HQ 8.3):  The words {ret} [period of time ago] and {pIq} [period of time from now] could also be used with days, months, and years (e.g., {wej jaj ret} "three days ago", rather than {wejHu'}, but utterances of these are not particularly common, sound a bit archaic, and are usually restricted to rather formal settings.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen