[tlhIngan Hol] {-'egh} and {-chuq} with {-lu'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Sep 14 08:47:26 PDT 2021

On 9/14/2021 11:29 AM, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> Am 14.09.2021 um 15:58 schrieb SuStel:
>>> potlhbe’chugh yay, qatIh pe’‘eghlu’?
>>
>> Yeesh, that'll teach me to copy and paste without checking the
>> *qaghwI'mey!*
>>
>> potlhbe'chugh yay, qatlh pe''eghlu'?
>
> Since when do YOU care about the appearance of the qaghwI'mey? ;-)
>
> I just remember a long and big discussion we had about that some years
> ago, where you kept beating on me because I didn't like back and fourth
> tilting qaghwI'mey. With today's message, you seem to agree with me.
>
> muQuchmoH wanI'vam.

The qaghwI'mey that I copied act like quotation marks, curling both
ways. That is not appropriate for Klingon.

Using curly quotes correctly for Klingon would look like this:
*potlhbe’chugh vay**’, patlh pe**’**’eghlu**’?*

Clearly, you still don't understand what that older conversation was about.
**