[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: DerlIq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 3 07:14:37 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	DerlIq
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	chest, crate, trunk
Source: 	qep'a' 25  [2018]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(Lieven, 9/01/2018):  This is not canon, and just my opinion, but I suppose that {'aplo'} refers to some kind of container, box, (something smaller) or so, while a chest {DerlIq} is more a thing made of wood, or it's larger.

(Lieven, qepHom 2018):  "[{HaS} "squeak"] is not only for animals. It can also be used for the sound an old door or a wooden chest does when you open it, if it's a sort of high pitch.

(Lieven < MO, 9/03/2018):  I hope all of this doesn't cause any problems or delays for The Little Prince (and I also hope that I haven't opened up Pandora's {DerlIq}).

Lieven, how did you use it in {ta’puq mach}?

SEE ALSO:
'ut'at 		chest of drawers (n)
bo'voD 		drawer (n)
'aplo' 		small [rectangular?] container (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen