[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: toqvIr lung

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 27 07:14:07 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, September 27, 2021

Klingon word: 	toqvIr lung
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	*tokvir loong*, Tokvarian skink, type of animal
Source: 	KGT

N.B. spelled "Tokvarian" in the KGT glossary but "Tokvirian" in the text.

(KGT 88):  Curiously, eggs ({QImmey}) do not play a large role in the Klingon diet as food items in their own right, though they are mixed into many sauces, usually along with the pieces of shell ({pel'aQ}), for flavor and texture. The small eggs of the Tokvirian skink ({toqvIr lung}), however, are often eaten whole, shell and all, usually by the handful.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen