[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: DerlIq

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Sep 17 05:58:42 PDT 2021

Am 03.09.2021 um 16:14 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> Klingon word: 	DerlIq
> Part of speech: 	noun
> Definition: 	chest, crate, trunk
> Source: 	qep'a' 25  [2018]
>
> Lieven, how did you use it in {ta’puq mach}?

DerlIqvam yItlhap. qoDDajDaq DI'raq DaneHbogh Datu'.
Take this chest. You will find the sheep you wanted inside of it.

QaQqu' jIHvaD DerlIq'e' Danobbogh. qaStaHvIS ram DI'raqvaD qach rurlaH 'oH.
The box you had given to me is very useful. It can be like a home for
the sheep during the night.

'ach Do'Ha' DerlIq SoQ qoDDaq DI'raq vIleghlaHbe'.
But unfortunately I cannot see a sheep inside of a closed chest.

DI'raqlIj vIghaj. 'ej DI'raqvaD DerlIq vIghaj. 'ej nuj mo'Hom vIghaj...
I've got your sheep. And I've got a chest for your sheep. And I have a
mouth cage...

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"