[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: bIp

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 9 07:22:29 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, August 23, 2021

Klingon word: 	bIp
Part of speech: 	num
Definition: 	hundred thousand

(MO to DeSDu’, DIS 2889):  For tens of millions, you have a choice. 30,000,000 could be {wejmaH'uy'}, as you suggest, or it could be {wejvatlhbIp}.  Either is fine, and the choice would probably be determined by what other (big) numbers were being mentioned in the same context.  If no other numbers are around, flip a coin.

Cp. The Hindu-Indian number unit *lakh* (100,000).

SEE ALSO:
wa''uy'  	million (num.)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen