[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: QeH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 8 08:26:51 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Sunday, September 05, 2021

Klingon word: 	QeH
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	anger

SeymoH QeH
Anger excites. (TKW)

tujqu'choHmo' QeHchaj  |  nagh tetlaH tujvam
Their anger so hot, It could melt the rock  (PB)

muptaHvIS tay''eghmoH QeHDaj Hoch
All his rage focused in one blow  (PB)

vavlI' loDnI'lI' je DaSammeH ghe'tor Da'elmo' 'ej Damejmo' QeHchoH qa'pu' vaj lubIjlu'
They will pay for the anger you caused by entering and leaving, Gre'thor in search of your kin. (PB)

SEE:
QeH  		be angry,  mad,  enraged (PB)

jIQeH
I am angry. (KLS)

qatlh QeH
Why is he angry? (CK)

loDnI'wI' bIQeHba' chaq batlh bIvangqa'laH
My brother, I see your anger, You might have a chance to make amends. (PB)

maDo'chugh QeHchoH wa'
If we're lucky, one will get angry. (CK)

(HQ 10.2):   the idiomatic expression {'oy'qu' Qay'wI'wIj}, literally "my little toe aches a lot" ... means "I'm extremely angry."

(PB, paq'raD, 9:1 footnote):  The *Qempa'keh* (Qempa'QeH) [sic] are the enraged (QeH) ancestral spirits (qempa') populating Gre'thor.

(TKW 196):  For Klingons, anger is definitely not a negative emotion. On the contrary, it can trigger acts of honor, energize battles, or prompt one to achieve one’s goals. It provides motivation for further action and, since taking action is central to a Klingons well-being, the overall effect is one of stimulation, elation, and excitement. One’s outrage should not lead to recklessness, however, for careless action will interfere with one’s ultimate success.

SEE ALSO:
nuQ 		annoy, bother (v)
yIv 		bother (slang: lit. "chew") (v)
berghmoH 	irritate (v)
qeH 		resent (v)
Qay' 		blow one's top, lose one's temper (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen