[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'ambay

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 29 07:19:38 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	'ambay
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	island
Source: 	qep'a' 24 [2017]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.  If there's a pun, I don't see it.

naHQun once proposed *{bIQpuH} "island" and *{bIQpuH'a'} "continent".

SEE:
yuwey  		continent (n) (qep’a’ 2017)

(KGT 16):  The Klingon Homeworld Qo'noS, usually rendered Kronos in Federation Standard, is a planet with basically one very large mass of land surrounded by ocean; perhaps continent is a comparable concept.

SEE ALSO:
puH  		land (n)
puH beQ  	plains, flatlands (n) (qep’a’ 2017)
puH nIl  	grassland, steppe (n) (qep’a’ 2017)
puH yIQ  	swamp, wetlands (n) (qep’a’ 2017)
puHley'  	cape,  point (n) (qep’a’ 2019)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen