[tlhIngan Hol] {-'egh} and {-chuq} with {-lu'}

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Sep 14 08:54:48 PDT 2021

Am 14.09.2021 um 17:47 schrieb SuStel:
> The qaghwI'mey that I copied act like quotation marks, curling both
> ways. That is not appropriate for Klingon.
>
> Using curly quotes correctly for Klingon would look like this:
> *potlhbe’chugh vay**’, patlh pe**’**’eghlu**’?*
>
> Clearly, you still don't understand what that older conversation was about.

Clearly, we keep misunderstanding each other, and I sometimes wonder if
you do it intentionally. For example in this case, you prove exactly
what *I* was arguing back then.

You wrote yourself today: "Using curly quotes correctly for Klingon
would look like this" but when I said that same phrase in the older
discussion, you replied that the direction of the quotes does not
matter, and there is no "correct" way to write the apostrophe.

I prefer not to restart that discussion. It's pointless.

muQuchmoHtaH wanI'vam.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"