[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "lyre"

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 06:29:52 PDT 2021

Does anyone have any ideas as to how we could express the musical
instrument "lyre"?

There's the {HurDagh} (n) "stringed instrument (general term)", {Supghew}
(n) "type of stringed instrument", {leSpal} (n) "type of stringed
instrument", and {tIngDagh} (n) "type of stringed instrument".

Does something of the above correspond to the lyre, or should I use the
time-honored approach of writing *lyre*, and be done with it?

On the other hand, if one of the above corresponded to "harp", I could
shove a {-Hom} up its' rear end, and get the job done.

But is there something which corresponds to "harp"?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/