[tlhIngan Hol] Some short questions

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Wed Sep 22 06:48:29 PDT 2021

Any help is welcome, thank you for taking the time to reply!

1. Are there other canonical sources about stress than the ones we can find in TKD? I've been using the explanation from the Klingonska Akademien (http://klingonska.org/piqad/#stress), which contains *a bit* more information than TKD. Is this the commonly accepted way to stress words in Klingon?

2. Are these sentences correct?

*ghItlhwI' 'op paq* (Some books of the writer/s)
*'op ghItlhwI' paq* (The book/s of some writers)

The second one *cannot* mean *Some books of the writer/s*, right? And the same goes for other similar nouns like *Hoch*, doesn't it?

3. Are ellipses like this one allowed in Klingon?: *wa'Hu' chab vISoppu', DaHjaj naH*. Or must I repeat *vISoppu'*?

4. When joining nouns with Type-5 suffixes by conjunctions, the suffixes must be repeated, right?: *be'vaD loDvaD je*, *raSDaq quSDaq ghap* etc. Is there any canonical explanation about it?