[tlhIngan Hol] the useless information of the day

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 02:07:45 PDT 2021

All modern greeks (myself included) can understand the old greek used in writing the gospels.

Bur unless a modern greek (myself included) has seriously studied ancient greek in university, he can't understand (let alone speak) ancient greek (i.e. the greek spoken by achilles, leonidas, etc..)

So if a modern greek travelled back in time, lets say in the time the parthenon was built, and met an ancient greek of that time, then with the exception of just a few words, they wouldn't be able to understand each other.

I've often wanted to try learning ancient greek, but I've never started, since it's insanely difficult..

gospels 'elaDya' Hol ngo' luyajlaH Hoch bovvam 'elaDya'nganpu' (jIH je).

'ach 'ampaSDaq 'elaDya' Hol tIQ HaDchu'pu'be'chugh bovvam 'elaDya'ngan, 'elaDya' Hol tIQ (achilles, leonidas, latlh je Hol) yajlaHbe' 'ej jatlhlaHbe'bej nuvvam. ('ej mubopbej je ngoDvam).

vaj..

vIbHa' bovvam 'elaDya'ngan; 'elaDya' tIQ Such: ngugh parthenon chenchoHmoHlu'pu', 'ej bovvetlh 'elaDya'ngan qIH. ja'chuqchoHchugh nuvvam, mu' puS neH yajlaH Hoch, vaj yajchuqlaHbe'chu'.

'elaDya' Hol tIQ vIghojchoH pa'logh pIj vIneH, 'a not HaDmeH mIwvam vItaghpu', tlhoy Qatlhmo' Holvam.

~ Dana'an