[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wab qoSta' 'aplo'

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Sun Oct 31 06:06:37 PDT 2021

Voragh:

> We even have a large collection of vinyl records and LPs – especially in our Jazz Recordings Collection -- for those who still have record players (remember those?).

De'vID:

> We really do need some more up-to-date Klingon terminology for modern day technologies. Does anyone even talk about "cassettes" any more?

Just as a fun fact: in Germany, the audiobook (or rather audio drama) series *Die drei Fragezeichen*, which began to be published in 1979, is still published as cassette and vinyl (and meanwhile, of course, also digital) for collector fans. I don't know about the USA, but in Europe vinyls have become to some extent popular again (and so digital record players).

Anyway, I agree it would be great to have an official way to refer to modern media like audiobooks, podcasts and so on.