[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: muv

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 28 08:26:34 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	muv
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	join

batlh maHeghbej 'ej yo' qIjDaq vavpu'ma' DImuv
Then we die with honor and join our fathers in the Black Fleet... (Anthem)

jolbogh ghom wa'DIch DamuvlaHmeH De' DaneHchugh, Se'vam yIjIHtaH
Stay tuned for information on how you can be among the first to beam aboard! (STX)

Qang QanmeH yan 'ISletlh Damuv 'e' wIvlu'.
You are chosen to serve on the Yan-Isleth and protect the chancellor. (MKE)

may' DaQap, vaj betleH 'obe' Damuv 'e' Daqotlh
Win battle and earn entrance into the Order of the Bat'leth. (MKE)

yab matlh muvchuqghach Sorgh vay' 'e' vIbotjaj.
Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. (Sonnet 116)

Qo'noS tuqmey muvchuqmoH qeylIS
Kahless united the tribes of Kronos (PB)

SEE:
muvmoH  	recruit (v)
muvtay  	initiation, induction ceremony, initiation rite (n)
muvwI'  	suture (n)

SEE ALSO:
rar 	 	connect, attach (v)
pet 		be welded (together) (v)
bagh 		tie (v)
nIq 		weave (v)

jeS 		participate (v)
tay' 		be together, united (v)
tlhej 		accompany (v)
chev 		separate (v)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last