[tlhIngan Hol] {vaj} connecting {-meH} clauses

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 05:05:42 PDT 2021

Suppose we want to say:

"In order that something doesn't move the glass, so that the coffee inside
won't spill, a special base can be used".

One option is to write:

HIvje' vIHmoHbe'lu'meH, 'ej qa'vIn Qoy'moHbe'lu'meH, ngaDmoHwI' le' lo'lu'.

But I wonder.. Couldn't we use {vaj} instead of {'ej}?

HIvje' vIHmoHbe'lu'meH, vaj qa'vIn Qoy'moHbe'lu'meH, ngaDmoHwI' le' lo'lu'.

In the first option the exact meaning is "... and in order that the coffee
doesn't spill", while on the second option the meaning is "... so that the
coffee doesn't spill".

Granted, not much of a difference either way, but I wonder if there could
be any argument against "joining" {-meH} clauses with {vaj}.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/